28 May 2008

Sometimes I want to go back to the time when I studied drawing and sculpture. As I have worked in the field of architecture, I seem to forget all of those art things. When I first saw David Chipperfield's projects in plans and photos, I just found it cool or cold. I haven't been any of his projects, but this picture came to me with its warmness, and story. Come to think of it, I think I used to draw indoor space, but I never drew pictures which were focused on any buildings or something like facade. Yes, actually there were no buildings to draw here, but the state of mind could be expressed well when it was described through space. Why I reminded the time is this photo looks like a painting, not an architecture photo. Soft wall finish like touches on painting, heavy concrete bench which doesn't have a headachy detail, and the sunshine... 
Museum of modern literature, by David Chipperfield 2008

No comments: