01 June 2008

Metamorphosis
When I saw this on the play list, I wondered how the conceptual idea of Franz Kafka could be materialised to a play. At last I booked two seats, and waited for almost 6 month to see.
It's about human existent and modern family. One day Gregor Samsa finds himself himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect. He has been a diligent salesman who has the family responsibility. However his family could not stand the horrid body, they put him in his room. He tries to talk to them, but they just turn to be indifferent...
Vesturport Theatre has got a very good reputation on their creative and unique sensation. Particularly the main actor Gisly Orn Gardarsson who played the insect was brilliant. He was a promising apparatus gymnast, but turned his interests to the communication with his talent in the field of play. The insect cast wasn't be dressed up as an insect indeed. Actually the floor of his room was a wall, and the walls were actually floor and ceiling. Although he didn't do the insect make-up, he moved like the insect instead. He stayed sticking on the wall, floor lamp, and slided down the handrail of stair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna! I'm EunJeong who met you in British Council Alec's class.:-) This is my first time to write in your blog, so I'm gald.kkk
I'm on summer vacation now, and I was wondering about you. As you told me, you will go to Italy for study on summer. So I was curious wheter you went or not. Maybe this is why I visit here.hhh
If you hadn't gone abroad yet, I hope to see U soon. :)

That picture and the play looks interesting! I wanna see it, too.
ps. what is a apparatus gymnast?
(And there are two 'himself's on sixth line.:0)